50. The funeral director must have a written complaints procedure that is readily accessible to the client. In the event of a complaint, this complaint procedure must be followed and must include:
- Advice for the client on how to make a formal complaint.
- The funeral director's procedures for dealing with a complaint and timescales for response.
- A requirement that any complaint resolution or answer will be provided in writing to the client.
51. Where a complaint relates to the care of the deceased, the funeral director must inform inspectors within 48 hours.
52. In the event of a complaint made against the funeral director, the client may:
- Raise a complaint with the funeral director directly. The funeral director must genuinely attempt to seek a resolution in a reasonable amount of time.
- Raise a complaint with a trade association to which the funeral director belongs, if applicable.
- Raise a complaint with inspectors.