- Information on the frequency of the road inspections carried out on this section of the A85, particularly the lay-by at this Location;
- Any repair works carried out in the past five years.
As the information you have requested is ‘environmental information’ for the purposes of the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004 (EIRs), we are required to deal with your request under those Regulations. We are applying the exemption at section 39(2) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA), so that we do not also have to deal with your request under FOISA.
This exemption is subject to the ‘public interest test’. Therefore, taking account of all the circumstances of this case, we have considered if the public interest in disclosing the information outweighs the public interest in applying the exemption. We have found that, on balance, the public interest lies in favour of upholding the exemption, because there is no public interest in dealing with the same request under two different regimes. This is essentially a technical point and has no material effect on the outcome of your request.
1. The Inspections for this area are:
- Weekly driven Safety Inspection during summer months (April to September)
- Weekly driven Safety Inspection with and additional Safety Patrol during winter months (October to March)
There will also be an annual walked inspection of assets; this would include the approved laybys within the Trunk Road.
2. Please see Annex A to this response, Annex A being a repairs report from May 2018 to 16 May 2023.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 14 page PDF
- File size
- 96.4 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback