For the following working groups:
A. Orkney Ferry Replacement Task Force
B. Shetland Ferry Task force
1. What was the date of formation of these groups?
2. Who is a member of these group?
3. What is the cost to the Scottish Government of operating these group from the date of formation to 4/10/23?
4. Are any members of these group renumerated, if so what for?
I enclose a copy of most of the information you requested. The answers are below:
1. Both Orkney and Shetland Ferry Replacement Task Forces were formed in December 2022.
2. Information regarding members of these can be found on the Transport Scotland website by following the links below:
Ferry Replacement Task Force - Orkney Islands Council (OIC) and Scottish Government (SG) | Transport Scotland Ferry Replacement Task Force - Shetland Islands Council (SIC) & Scottish Government (SG) | Transport Scotland.
3. There is no additional cost to the Scottish Government in the operation of these Task Forces, other than staff time, which is not recorded and calculated. Therefore this is a formal notice under Section 17(1) of FOISA that we do not hold the information you have requested.
4. No members of these Task Forces are remunerated for their participation in these groups.
Some of the information you have requested is available within the links provided above. Under section 25(1) of FOISA, we do not have to give you information which is already reasonably accessible to you. If, however, you are not able to access this information from the website listed, then please contact me again and I will send you a paper copy.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback