Publication - FOI/EIR release
Information relating to Historical Sexual Offences (Pardons and Disregards): FOI release
- Justice Directorate
- Part of
- Law and order, Public sector
Published 2 May 2023
FOI reference FOI/202300347538
Date received 16 March 2023
Date responded 14 April 2023
Information request and response under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
The following information in relation to the Historical Sexual Offences (Pardons and Disregards) (Scotland) Act 2018:
- In each calendar year, the number of applications that have been made to the Scottish Ministers under section 5 of the Act.
- In each calendar year, the number of applications where the Scottish Ministers have determined that the conviction should be disregarded.
- In each calendar year, the number of applications where the Scottish Ministers have determined that the conviction should not be disregarded.
- The total number (not separated out by year) of appeals intimated on the Scottish Ministers under section 8.
- Of the number in (4), the number that have been successful (for the purposes of a successful appeal, this would include appeals which have been conceded by the Scottish Ministers).
I attach at Annex A answers to all of the information you requested.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
FOI 202300347538 - Information Released - Annex A
- File type
- 1 page PDF
- File size
- 58.0 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback