Publication - FOI/EIR release
Scotland's population programme: FOI release
- External Affairs Directorate
- Part of
- Public sector, Work and skills
Published 14 March 2023
FOI reference FOI/202300342672
Date received 9 February 2023
Date responded 8 March 2023
Information request and response under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
You asked for information about the work that has gone into the population programme, specifically:
- How many civil servants have been working on this project in 2022?
- How many man-hours of work went into this project throughout 2022?
- Whether the number of civil servants working on this was altered after the announcement of the cancellation of the Island Bond Scheme on 19 August?
The answer to your question is:
- The Population Team within Scottish Government oversees the delivery of the Population Programme. During 2022, this team comprised four full time officials who performed a range of functions in relation to the Population Programme.
- As part of your query, you requested a breakdown of staff time linked to the Population Programme in 2022. There is no business requirement for officials to record the time spent on specific tasks relating to the programme, or their work more generally. These tasks arecompleted as part of normal duties along with other tasks appropriate to roles as civil servants.
- The number of civil servants working on the Population Programme was not altered following the cancellation of the Island Bond Scheme on 19 August.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback