Property Factors register: FOI release
- Local Government and Housing Directorate
- Part of
- Housing, Public sector
Information request and response under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
You asked for the following information from the period when the Property Factors (Scotland) Act 2011 was introduced until the present date:
1. The total number of Property Factor Enforcement Orders (PFEOs) issued by the First-tier Tribunal.
2. The total number of times the Scottish Ministers have been informed that a property factor has failed to comply with a PFEO.
3. How many of those failures to comply have been notified to Police Scotland for follow-up action.
4. Of those failures to Comply with a PFEO, how many have subsequently been complied with as a direct result of follow-up action taken by Scottish Ministers.
5. How many property factors have been struck off the property factor register as a direct result of having failed to comply with a PFEO.
6. How many Property Factors have been struck off the property factor register as a direct result of having failed to comply with the Code of Conduct for property factors.
7. How many property factors have been struck off the Property Factors Register as a direct result of the property factor no longer being considered a fit and proper person to be a property factor.
In response to questions 1, 2, 3 and 4, while our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested. However, you may wish to contact the Housing and Property Chamber, First-tier Tribunal for Scotland, Glasgow Tribunals Centre, 20 York Street, Glasgow, G2 8GT
who may be able to help you. The reasons why we don’t have the information are explained in the Annex to this letter.
The answer to question 5 is 3.
The answer to question 6 is 3.
The answer to question 7 is 12.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 1 page PDF
- File size
- 71.0 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback