In relation to NHS early retirements:
1. Annual breakdowns from 2007/8 up to the most recently available year (2020/21 or, ideally, 2021/22) of the total number of voluntary early retirements (VERs) by:
b) GPs, and
c) General Dental Practitioners in NHS Scotland.
2. And, for each of these years/categories, what the percentage of VERs were out of the total number of retirements.
The response to your request is provided in the attached spreadsheet.
While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance the SPPA does not have some of the information you have requested. Unfortunately we cannot reliably identify which members are consultants from the data we hold on record. We capture whether or not members are Medical Practitioners, Dental Practitioners, Mental Health Officers and a small range of other employment types but nothing that will show who is a consultant.
In the past, when asked for information about GPs, we have assumed this to mean all Medical Practitioners. The labels that we capture against members that we are using to denote a GP are:
- Locum Medical Practitioner
- Asst Medical Practitioner
- Principal Medical Practitioner
- Locum Medical Practitioner - Care
- Asst Medical Practitioner - Care
- Principal Medical Practitioner - Care
The specific labels that we capture against members to denote that they are dentists are:
- Asst Dental Practitioner
- Principle Dental Practitioner
- Asst Dental Practitioner - Care
- Principal Dental Practitioner - Care
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- Excel document
- File size
- 11.9 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback