Please provide electronic copies of reports or other documents discussing the level of funding for specialist Community Perinatal Mental Health Services allocated to (a) NHS Orkney and (b) NHS Shetland under the Perinatal and Mental Health Programme Board for financial years 2020-21 and 2021-22.
I enclose a copy of all of the documents which we are releasing discussing the level of funding for specialist Community Perinatal Mental Health Services for NHS Orkney and NHS Shetland under the Perinatal and Infant Mental Health Programme Board for the financial years 2020-21 and 2021-22.
The following documents are attached:
- Annex A - NHS Shetland Allocation letter for financial year 2020-21
- Annex B - NHS Shetland Allocation letter for financial year 2021-22
- Annex C - NHS Orkney Allocation letter for financial year 2020-21
- Annex D - NHS Orkney Allocation letter for financial year 2021-22
- Annex E - Minister for Mental Wellbeing and Social Care’s response to the Health, Social Care and Sport Committee Inquiry into Perinatal Mental Health. This is publically available, however, I have attached as part of final response.
- Annex F - Perinatal and Infant Mental Health Programme Board Delivery Plan 2020-21. This is also publically available but is included as part of final response.
- Annex G - Perinatal and Infant Mental Health Allocations – Perinatal and Infant Mental Health Programme Board Notes
- Annex H & Annex I - Perinatal and Infant Mental Health Allocations Summary 2021
Personal information has been redacted from the allocation letters under Section 38(1)(b) of FOISA. There have been redactions made from Annex H and I due to the information being out of scope.
Please note that there is a typing error in Annex I - under the notes column for both NHS Shetland and NHS Orkney this should say ‘Amount as indicated in 2020/21 letter’ instead of ‘Amount as indicative in 2020/22 letter.’ It may also be helpful to understand the apparent variance between the specific figures provided in the Parliamentary Question referenced above and the perinatal allocation letters. In both years, NHS Orkney and NHS Shetland were given additional funding for infant mentalhealth to supplement the Community Perinatal Mental Health funding – the 20/21 letter references the overall allocation whilst the 21/22 letter provides more detail. In the Parliamentary Question, the figures set out refer only to the Community Perinatal Mental Health funding and do not include the ‘Infant Mental Health contribution’.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
FOI 202200311690 - Information released
- File type
- 52 page PDF
- File size
- 2.9 MB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback