1. How much did the independence in the modern world papers cost?
2. Breakdown of these costs?
3. How many civil servants worked on it and what is their salary?
1. & 2. At 14 June 2022, we had not received details of final costs incurred for the publication of Independence in the Modern World. Wealthier, Happier, Fairer: Why Not Scotland? from our contracted publishing print and design agency taking forward this work on behalf of the Scottish Government. This is a formal notice under Section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested.
3. At 14 June 2022, staff in the Scottish Government’s Constitutional Futures Division, who are co-ordinating work on the prospectus, comprised of one Senior Civil Servant and nineteen other officials.
The work on Independence in the Modern World: Wealthier, Happier, Fairer: Why Not Scotland? drew on some officials from the Constitutional Futures Division and also drew on other officials across a range of portfolios who contributed to varying extents as part of their wider responsibilities in supporting the Scottish Government.
I am unable to provide you with a figure for the total number of staff who contributed to this paper because in line with usual practice, details of individual tasks carried out by civil servants, including the number of hours spent on them, are not routinely recorded because there is no business need to do this. This is a formal notice under Section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have some of the information you have requested.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback