- Copies of any written assurances provided by the Scottish Funding Councill (SFC) to the Scottish Government that the Regional Strategic Bodies (RSB) are conducting a fair and impartial investigation given, the risks and ramifications of the role of ‘Independent Governance Advisor’ being recommended by the SFC for a Chair subject to a raft of formal complaints about his conduct – who happens to be a sitting SFC Board member, an ex-SFC employee being ‘strongly recommended’ by the SFC, who was personally interviewed and recommended by the South Lanarkshire Council (SLC) Chair for a lucrative consultancy role, now acting as 'Commissioning Manager' for an investigation into the SLC Chair himself…whilst he is still a sitting Board member of SFC... all paid for from public purse.
- What assurances have been provided to the Scottish Government on how the obvious conflict of interest that would not pass any objective test, is being managed in what has been reported as a fair and impartial investigation.
- Please confirm what action the SG is planning to take to halt the flow of public money currently being channelled into this elongated and highly questionable investigation.
- This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested.
- The Scottish Government has not sought or been provided with such assurances.
- The Scottish Government has no role to play in the current independent investigation taking place at the college, therefore it has made no representations regarding the costs.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback