- How many complaints have there been regarding the rollout of the R100 broadband North Lot voucher scheme since its creation?
- How many applications have there been regarding the rollout of the R100 broadband North Lot voucher scheme since its creation?
The R100 Scottish Broadband Voucher Scheme launched as a nationwide programme in September 2020. There is no specific North Lot voucher scheme and, therefore, the detail I am providing below relates to eligible properties in the R100 North Lot contract area.
Since the scheme launched, there have been two complaints made about the scheme in the R100 North Lot contract area. For the purpose of this enquiry, a ‘complaint’ is defined as one that has been received through one of two official channels – the Scottish Government Complaints mailbox and/or the mailbox of the Scottish Government’s Director Digital.
As of 3 May 2022, there have been a total of 2,377 applications for vouchers in the R100 North Lot contract area. The breakdown is as follows:
- 1,088 installations have been completed - 808 utilising the main voucher (worth up to £5,000 per property) and 280 utilising the interim voucher (worth up to £400 per property).
- 809 vouchers have been issued - 577 main vouchers and 232 interim vouchers.
- 83 vouchers have been requested - 19 main vouchers and 64 interim vouchers.
- 397 vouchers have been cancelled – 303 main vouchers, 93 interim vouchers and one case where the property wasn’t actually eligible for a voucher.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback