1. To provide all correspondence, e-mails and records of telephone conversations regarding the formulation of a panel to interview and short-list candidates for the position of chairman of David MacBrayne Limited in 2021.
2. To provide all correspondence, e-mails and records of telephone conversations between officials of Transport Scotland and Mr Erik Ostergaard referring to his prospective candidacy and actual candidacy for the position of chairman of David MacBrayne Ltd.
3. To provide the report which went from the selection panel to Ministers concerning the appointment of Erik Ostergaard as chairman of David MacBrayne Limited, redacting the names of unsuccessful candidates.
4. To list the occasions, with dates and locations, on which the former Transport Minister, Graeme Dey MSP, during his tenure in office met Erik Ostergaard (a) in person and (b) by video conference.
5. To provide details of all occasions on which Mr Andrew Thin has been a member of selection panels for the appointment of (a) chairpersons and (b) board members of organisations to which the Scottish Government makes such appointments.
I attach a copy of some of the information you requested. While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance we are unable to provide some of the information you have requested because an exemption under section s.38(1)(a) and s.38(1)(b) (personal information) of FOISA applies to that information as it contains either personal information or information that could be used to identify an individual. Some other text has been redacted as this is out with the scope of your request.
This exemption is not subject to the 'public interest test', so we are not required to consider if the public interest in disclosing the information outweighs the public interest in applying the exemption.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 33 page PDF
- File size
- 490.0 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback