Copies of all data, written updates or information in any other form provided to ministers, within the last three weeks from the date of this request, regarding:
1. The proportion of hospital patients recorded as Covid patients which are in hospital primarily because they are ill due to the virus, and how many are so-called incidental admissions (i.e they are primarily in hospital for another reason but also test positive for Covid).
2. The vaccination status of hospital patients classed as Covid patients - i.e. how many are unvaccinated, and how many doses others have had.
1. I attach a copy of all of the information you requested in pdf format. The attachment entitled "RE Covid hospital admissions - detailed information - today" shows an email chain with discussion between the First Minister's office and Anita Morrison, Joint Head of Health and Social Care Analysis (HSCA).
Please note that although there is a discussion of information to be shared on 5 January, no information was shared with ministers until 6 January 2022. A version of this information was originally published in the PHS COVID-19 & Winter Statistical Report on 7 January, with updates being published on 19 and 26 January at the following links:
- COVID-19 statistical report - 7 January 2022 - COVID-19 statistical report - Publications - Public Health Scotland
- COVID-19 statistical report - 19 January 2022 - COVID-19 statistical report - Publications - Public Health Scotland
- COVID-19 statistical report - 26 January 2022 - COVID-19 statistical report - Publications - Public Health Scotland
2. I attach a copy of all of the information you requested in pdf format. The Public Health Scotland Weekly COVID-19 & Winter Statistical Report published on 22 December 2021 included information on the vaccination status of COVID-19 related hospital admissions. A preview of this report was sent to ministers on 21 December at 19:27. I have included the following attachments:
- "Official Sensitive PRE-RELEASE STATISTICS - RESTRICTED until noon on WEDNESDAY 22 December. PHS weekly COVID-19 & Winter Statistical Report" - the email sent to ministers
- "21-12-22-covid19-winter_publication_report" - the pre-release version of the report that was attached to the email
- "PHS Covid-19 Statistical Briefing - 22nd December 2021" - the briefing paper sent to ministers about this upcoming publication.
This edition of the COVID-19 & Winter statistical report was published on 22 December 2022 at the following link:
- COVID-19 Statistical Report - 22 December 2021 - COVID-19 statistical report - Publications - Public Health Scotland
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 4 page PDF
- File size
- 656.0 kB
- File type
- 65 page PDF
- File size
- 2.9 MB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback