- 13 Jan 2022
Date received: 8 Dec 2021
Date responded: 16 Dec 2021
1. What is the total amount of money issued to the Scottish Government in Covid Business Funding by the UK government?
2. How much of this money has been issued to Scottish businesses to date (8/12/22)?
3. What is the amount left still to be issued to the businesses of Scotland in Covid-19 funding support?
1. The Scottish Government has provided over £4.4 billion of business support since 2020-21, which is in excess of UK Government consequentials provided, of circa £4 billion.
2. Statistics are published on the Scottish Government website setting out how much money has been paid out since the start of the pandemic.
3. Having already spent more than the consequentials we have received on business support, our budget is fully allocated and without the ability to borrow, the Scottish Government is not in a position to provide additional funding for Covid business support.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House