A copy of the minutes taken from your meeting with Greta Thunberg at COP26.
I include a copy of the information you requested.
01 November 2021
Meeting with Vanessa Nakate.
Also in attendance, Greta Thunberg and for a short period toward the end of the meeting, Scottish youth activist, Dylan Hamilton.
Discussion between FM, Vanessa Nakate and Greta Thunberg
The First Minister welcomed both Vanessa and Greta to Scotland and to COP26. The discussion focussed on the following points:
- Scotland’s actions to tackle the climate crisis.
- Focus on respective expectations and demands of COP26 negotiations.
- The First Minister set out the role that Scotland would play at COP and the Scottish Government’s loss and damage announcement.
- Discussion with Vanessa on her experiences in Uganda, direct impact of climate crisis and her campaigns.
- There was a broader discussion of issues including Fossil Fuels, Just Transition, Transport.
Vanessa and Greta both raised concerns regarding the lack of access for activists to COP.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback