1. What is the average wait time from initial application to payment of the money to individuals who have applied for the Electric Vehicle Loan in each month, for the last 12 months?
2. What is the average loan amount paid out?
3. What percentage of individuals do not receive payment within the 10 working day target for responding to a loan claim?
1. The table below lists the average wait time in days from initial loan application to the payment being processed by Energy Saving Trust to individuals who have applied for the Low Carbon Transport Loan over the last 12 months.
2. The average loan amount paid out over the last 12 months (November 2020 - October 2021) was £23,582.
3. It may be beneficial to provide some back ground information for this answer, the 10 day target is for processing the claim and not for an individual receiving the payment, no one would have received their payment within 10 days of submitting a claim due to the payment process, checks and verification steps that are required before a payment is issued. Once the application is processed and Energy Saving Trust release the payment it can take 3-5 days to reach someone’s bank account.
The percentage of applications that where not processed within the 10 working day target over the past 12 months was 8%.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback