1. Please list the creative services agencies used by the government during 2021.
2. A list of all appointments made under each agreement during 2021 - detailing the creative services agency used, campaign name, the lead artist / provider and agreed fee.
The following questions relate solely to the creative service agency used for the recent Janey Godley appointment:
3. Please provide a copy of the signed contract with the relevant agency.
4. The fee and basis of the fee if not included in (3).
5. A copy of the vetting procedures to be used on proposed artists / providers if not included in (3).
1. The following link will direct you to the agencies currently listed on the Scottish Government Creative Services framework - https://www.gov.scot/publications/creative-services-framework. In 2021, the Scottish Government has worked in collaboration with The Leith Agency and The Union via call-off contracts from this framework.
2. All matters relating to the appointment of lead artists / cast in Scottish Government campaigns, including the names and agreed fees, are managed through the appointed creative services agency and their appointed production company. The Scottish Government does not hold information in relation to this as it forms part of an agreement between creative agencies, their sub-contracted production agencies and/or the individuals themselves.
3. Please see our response to your question 2, which responds to your question 3 also.
4. Ms Godley received a fee of £10,000 + VAT for participation in the campaign. This payment is in-line with the industry standard for such a high-profile campaign. Ms Godley has since agreed to donate her fee to charity.
5. There is no industry standard vetting process in place for celebrities due to the individual nature and circumstances of those involved, however the Scottish Government has since reviewed its processes for engaging celebrities in future communications work. This process is currently being updated and will be published in due course.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback