Paediatric intensive care beds: FOI release
- Healthcare Quality and Improvement Directorate
- Part of
- Health and social care, Public sector
Information request and response under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
1. How many paediatric intensive care beds are there currently in Scotland?
2. How many paediatric intensive care beds were there in Scotland on the 21st July 2021?
3. How many of them were occupied on the evening of the 21st July 2021?
4. How many of them were available?
5. Could you supply me with a breakdown of what illnesses lead these children to be in ICU on the 21st July 2021?
In response to question one of your Freedom of Information request, there are currently a total of 30 paediatric intensive care beds in Scotland. This is split between 20 beds in the Royal Hospital for Children, Glasgow, and 10 beds in the Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Edinburgh. Please see: Intensive care: paediatric | National Services Scotland (nhs.scot)
In response to questions two to five of your Freedom of Information request, the Scottish Government does not have the information you have asked for because the Scottish Government is not responsible for holding the data on this subject. Scotland’s paediatric intensive care service is commissioned by NHS Scotland’s National Services Division (NSD) and was designated as a national service in April 2007. NSD will therefore hold the information that you are looking for. Details of how to place a Freedom of Information request with NSD are noted below:
Webpage - Freedom of information | National Services Scotland (nhs.scot)
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone - 0131 275 6449
Associate Director Information Security and Governance
National Services Scotland
1 South Gyle Crescent
This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback