1. How many fatalities due to road crashes have been recorded on trunk roads operated by Transport Scotland in 2021?
2. Breakdown of where these fatalities took place, and when they took place?
3. How many serious crashes were recorded on trunk roads operated by Transport Scotland in 2021?
4. Breakdown of where the serious crashes occurred and when they took place?
5. Road crash fatalities on trunk roads operated by Transport Scotland in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 and breakdown of where they took place and when?
6. A list of all trunk roads operated by Transport Scotland that a fatal road crash has been recorded on in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 and how many fatal crashes there have been on each of them during the same years?
As the information you have requested is ‘environmental information’ for the purposes of the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004 (EIRs), we are required to deal with your request under those Regulations. We are applying the exemption at section 39(2) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA), so that we do not also have to deal with your request under FOISA.
This exemption is subject to the ‘public interest test’. Therefore, taking account of all the circumstances of this case, we have considered if the public interest in disclosing the information outweighs the public interest in applying the exemption. We have found that, on balance, the public interest lies in favour of upholding the exemption, because there is no public interest in dealing with the same request under two different regimes. This is essentially a technical point and has no material effect on the outcome of your request.
1. There have been 31 fatalities recorded on trunk roads up to 13 October 2021.
2. Please see Annex A to this response, breakdown of where and when these accidents occurred.
3. There have been 184 serious personal injury accidents (less, moderate and very serious) recorded on trunk roads in up to 7 September 2021.
4. Please see Annex B to this response, a breakdown of where and when the serious personal injury accidents occurred.
5. Please see Annex C to this response, details of fatalities on trunk roads in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 including where and when they occurred.
6. Please see Annex D to this response, a list of all trunk roads that a fatal personal injury accident has been recorded on in 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 and how many fatal accidents there have been on each of them during the same years.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
FOI202100243298 - Annex A - D
- File type
- 16 page PDF
- File size
- 181.2 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback