COVID-19 tests for passengers via Corporate Travel Management (CTM) website: FOI release
Information request and response under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
1. "Could someone please explain why the Scottish Government requires all Corona Virus Tests for arriving passengers to be booked through the Corporate Travel Management (CTM) website and spend £88 when you can easily buy them for half the price with private suppliers that are as reliable?
2. Why English can choose from a list of 400 suppliers but Scottish have to book through one supplier only?"
1. The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (International Travel) (Scotland) Regulations 2020 requires travellers returning from green and amber list countries to book their testing package through a public provider. The UK Government (UKG) are the principle contract owners and managers of the Managed Quarantine Service (MQS) and the procurement of the public provider for test kit booking. These NHS tests must be booked through the UK Government’s booking portal for international travel -
2. The cost of the kits is set by the UK Government and the process managed through its contract with the travel management company, so we are unable to influence the cost of these. At the time of writing, the cost of testing kits have recently been reduced; a day 2 testing kit is priced at £68, whilst a day 2 and day 8 testing kit is priced at £136.
3. Currently, we do not allow private test providers for international travellers arriving into Scotland from green and amber list countries. We are having on-going discussions with the UK government around the speed and reliability of the flow of data from private companies. This is currently under review and, should Ministers be confident of a safe and secure process, then this may change and guidance will update on the website to confirm this.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback