- 12 Aug 2021
Date received: 19 Jul 2021
Date responded: 11 Aug 2021
The Scottish Government published a consultation paper for its plan to enhance the teaching and use of Gaelic in Scotland over the next five years.
Please provide information as follows:
1. What costs would be incurred by the Scottish Government for this exercise?
2. Would this be undertaken in all regions of Scotland, or just some of them?
3. What precise methods would be used to achieve the promotion of the Gaelic language?
To be clear the Scottish Government Gaelic Language Plan is not a consultation on Gaelic education but on how the Scottish Government supports Gaelic in its everyday operations.
1. The preparation and publication of the document cost £2,215.22. The commitments are designed to be cost neutral and involve a change on how we operate rather than additional resource.
2. The Scottish Government's area of operation is the whole of Scotland and therefore the Plan covers all staff who are employed by Scottish Government.
3. The Scottish Government Plan was promoted through a news release and social media platforms.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House