1. All the incurred costs by the Council of Economic Advisers since the Council’s initiation in 2007 to the present date, with a full breakdown of those costs.
2. A full membership list of Council members between 2007 and the present date.
3. A list of all Council engagements with Scottish Ministers and Cabinet Secretaries between 2007 and the present date.
1. For all costs incurred by the Council between 2007 and the present date, the information is available on the Scottish Government website: Council of Economic Advisers: disclosures - gov.scot (www.gov.scot). Meetings since March 2020 have been held online at no cost.
2. See below (name, main role at time of membership – period of service at the CEA):
- Crawford Beveridge CBE (Chair), Chairman of Scottish Equity Partners Ltd. and Non-executive Chairman of Autodesk – 2007-2021
- Sir Harry Burns, Professor of Global Public Health at the University of Strathclyde – 2015-2021
- Professor Sara Carter, Vice principal and Head of College of Social Sciences, University of Glasgow – 2015-2021
- Professor Mariana Mazzucato, Professor in the Economics of Innovation and Public Value, University College London (UCL) – 2015-2021
- Jim McColl OBE, Chairman and Chief Executive of Clyde Blowers – 2007-2021
- Professor Sir Anton Muscatelli, Principal and Vice Chancellor of the University of Glasgow – 2015-2021
- Professor Joseph Stiglitz, Professor of Economics at Columbia University – 2012-2021
- Craig Clark MBE, CEO and founder of Clyde Space – 2018-2021
- Dame Julia Unwin DBE, Chair of the Independent Inquiry on the Future of Civil Society – 2018-2021
- Professor Brynhildur Davíðsdóttir, Professor of Environment and Natural Resources at the University of Iceland – 2019-2021
- Martine Durand, Former Chief Statistician at the OECD – 2019-2021
- Professor Sir James Mirrlees, Professor of Political Economy at the University of Cambridge – 2007-2018
- Amanda McMillan OBE, Glasgow Airport MD and CEO of AGS Airports Limited –2015-2018
- Professor Frances Ruane, Director of the Economic & Social Research Institute (ESRI) – 2007-2018
- Dr Kirsty Duncan, Canadian MP and former Associate Professor of Health Studies at the University of Toronto – 2013-2015
- Professor Andrew Hughes Hallett, Professor of Economics and Public Policy at George Mason University and Honorary Professor of Economics at the University of St. Andrews – 2007-2015
- Professor Dame Lesley Anne Glover, Chief Scientific Adviser to the Scottish Government – 2012-2014
- Lady Susan Rice DBE, President of the Scottish Council for Development and Industry – 2012-2014
- Professor Louise Richardson, Principal and Vice-Chancellor of the University of St. Andrews – 2012-2014
- Sir George Mathewson CBE, former CEO and Chairman of RBS – 2007-2014
- Professor Sir John Kay CBE, economist and author– 2007-2012
- Dame Frances Cairncross DBE, Rector of Exeter College Oxford – 2008-2010
- Professor Alexander G. Kemp, Professor of (Petroleum) Economics at the University of Aberdeen – 2007-2010
- Professor Finn Kydland, Henley Professor of Economics at the University of California – 2007-2010
- Lord Robert Smith, Chairman of the Weir Group – 2007-2010
3. Engagements between the Council and Scottish Ministers and Cabinet Secretaries took place through bi-annual meetings. Minutes for all meetings since 2007, including a record of ministerial and CEA attendance, are published online and can be accessed on the government’s website:
Council of Economic Advisers - gov.scot (www.gov.scot)
Council of Economic Advisers - Minutes of Meetings (webarchive.org.uk)
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback