- 5 Aug 2021
Date received: 28 May 2021
Date responded: 4 Aug 2021
Further to my letter of 14 July 2021, I have now completed my review of our failure to respond to your request under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA) for money paid to private consultancy companies for advice and /or services related to the Covid pandemic.
In accordance with section 21(4) of FOISA, I have also reached a decision on your request.
I can now provide our response to your original request.
1. How much money the Scottish Government has paid to private consultancy companies for advice and/or services related to the Covid pandemic.
2. Which specific areas these contracts address.
3. Details of how impact and delivery of objectives has been monitored for those consultancy companies contracted by the Scottish Government (Devolved Assembly).
1. Since 20 March 2020, the Scottish Government has awarded contracts to the value of £505,203 to private consultancy companies for advice and/or related services in response to the Covid pandemic.
2. Ineos Grangemouth Consultancy
Covid-19 external advisor to inform policy on social distancing as part of the broader exit strategy from the crisis
Covid-19 consultancy for health finance
Scottish Mental Health Covid-19 tracker study
Evaluation of attend "anywhere / near me"
Consultant input on current, and potential future, issues affecting adult care home provision as a consequence of Covid-19
Programme support for Connecting Scotland
3. On completion of the assignment/contract, the Delegated Purchasing Office (DPO) must formally sign it off and confirm in writing that they are satisfied that the consultants have properly fulfilled their responsibilities before final payments are approved. The DPO must also complete a project report for senior management, covering the conduct of the assignment and consultants, the quality of the work they provided, the analysis and recommendations made, the extent to which the envisaged benefits/objectives are likely to be achieved, any additional benefits derived, and the total costs of the contract.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House