Communication with Glasgow City Council regarding Euro 2020: FOI Release
- Culture and Major Events Directorate
Information request and response under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
1. Any correspondence between the Scottish Government and Glasgow City Council, inclusive of emails received and sent by each party, on the topic of the Euro 2020 fanzone, between the dates of January 1, 2021 to date.
2. Any correspondence between the Scottish Government and UEFA, inclusive of emails received and sent by each party, on the topic of the Euro 2020 fanzone, between the dates of January 1, 2021 to date.
3. Details of any agreement between the Scottish Government and UEFA to have Hampden host two games of the Euro 2020 Championship, including agreement in principles about the nature of the event, required additional services such as the fan zone, or cost for hosting the event.
4. Agendas, minutes, notes, memos, handouts, follow-up emails, attendance lists, location, time, date, medium (in person, on phone, over video) of any discussion or meeting undertaken by Scottish Government ministers with UEFA, the SFA, or Glasgow City Council on the fanzone.
Attached is a copy of the information requested.
While our aim is to provide information wherever possible, in this instance we are unable to provide some of the information you have requested because an exemption under section 38(1)(b) (personal information) of FOISA applies to that information.
An exemption under section 38(1)(b) of FOISA (personal information) applies to some of the information requested because it is personal data of a third party, i.e. names and contact details of individuals, and disclosing it would contravene the data protection principles in Article 5(1) of the General Data Protection Regulation and in section 34(1) of the Data Protection Act 2018. This exemption is not subject to the ‘public interest test’, so we are not required to consider if the public interest in disclosing the information outweighs the public interest in applying the exemption.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 56 page PDF
- File size
- 1.6 MB
- File type
- 1 page PDF
- File size
- 412.8 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback