- 22 Jun 2021
Date received: 9 Jun 2021
Date responded: 21 Jun 2021
"I would like to request the following FOI information regarding decisions made by DPEA reporters since 2015.
1. How many planning applications for onshore wind turbines, refused consent by local authority councillors have been over-ruled by the DPEA Reporters since 1-Jan-2015?
2. How many such applications have had the original local authority decisions upheld by the DPEA and the applicants appeal refused?
3. a) How many applications for permission to build windfarms under Section 36 of the Electricity Act 1989 have been recommended for consent by the DPEA Reporters in the same time interval against the wishes and formal objections of the local authorities or community councils?
b) In the same time frame how many such applications have been recommended for refusal, thereby supporting the objections of local authority or community councils?"
We can confirm, we have calculated the following to your queries:
1. A total of 45 appeals in respect of wind turbines were allowed (planning permission granted) during the period in question.
2. A total of 41 appeals dismissed (planning permission refused) during the period in question.
3. a) A total of 20 applications were granted consent during the period in question.
b) A total of 17 applications were refused consent during the period in question.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House