1. The recorded job role within the Scottish Government that has been assigned the task of leading the team that will draw up the MARAC National Standards?
2. The date(s) in the year 2021 when the Scottish Government team drafting the MARAC National Standards met.
3. The recorded timescale and anticipated date for when the MARAC National Standards will be drawn up by the Scottish Government.
4. The date any MARAC National Standards have been completed since the earlier FOISA 2002 request of November 2020.
At the outset, I would advise that your correspondence relates to planned work. As you will understand, a new administration has recently been formed and incoming Ministers are in the process of being appointed. It is at the discretion of incoming Ministers to shape plans in their portfolio, and so the expectations set out in this letter may be subject to change.
With this caveat, I will respond to each of your points in turn:
1. The Scottish Government is currently working with Safelives and other key partners to develop policy around multi-agency risk assessment and interventions for victim of domestic abuse. The Scottish Government official leading is the person leading this response. My current job title is ‘Violence against Women Policy Manager’.
We will be undertaking a series of deep dives over the course of May and June to explore key themes that had emerged from the consultation, including training, multi-agency guidance and information sharing. These sessions will be overseen by a Marac advisory group comprised of key partners and stakeholders across the sector.
2. To drive forward this work, we held an initial advisory group meeting to confirm terms of reference and next steps. I have attached the Minute from our first meeting for your reference.
3. The final deep dive session will take place at the start of July after which we will compile learning into a report with recommendations for the Ministers’ consideration.. As such, there are no definite timescales attached to this work. In addition, we cannot confirm whether creating national standards will form part of the recommendations and learning that emerges from these discussions.
4. As no work has yet started to develop national Marac standards, this is a formal notice under under S.17 of the FOISA that we do not hold the information you have requested.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 2 page PDF
- File size
- 259.3 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback