- 14 Jun 2021
Date received: 29 Apr 2021
Date responded: 27 May 2021
Information relating to discussions about delayed hospital discharges.
The Scottish government letter refers to ‘Short-Life Working Group was established specifically to address the code 9 cases associated with people with challenging learning disabilities or enduring mental health problems’.
1. Please could you provide me with minutes of the group’s discussions, as well as relevant meeting agendas, papers and reports.
2. Please could you provide me with the recommendations made by the group (preferably the entire document that includes these).
3. Please could you provide me with the membership of this group.
For the above part of the request, I am requesting information from August 2020 onwards.
The above referred letter also goes on to say "These proposed changes have been discussed with the Cabinet Secretary for Health and Sport, COSLA and the Delayed Discharge Expert Group.”
1. Please could you provide papers, agendas, meeting minutes and all other documents (in full) considered at meetings of the Delayed Discharge Expert Group where these proposed changes were discussed.
2. Please could you provide the membership of this group.
I attach a copy of some of the information you requested.
It might be useful at this stage to provide a bit more information around the short life working group and its next stages. The final report is still being drafted, and it is our intention to publish this within the next 12 weeks. Therefore I am unable to provide you with a copy of the final report - however you will note
interim reports are included in this response.
Similarly, it is our intention to publish these documents in a more navigable format, utilising the government's groups website - however we are currently prioritising website updates for coronavirus related information and it would not be possible to meet the FOI timeline given the volume of papers. Therefore I have provided the documents attached.
You may be interested to review the Government's response to FOI 202100198280 which is also related to the SLWG and will publish the same time as this response.
While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance we are unable to provide some of the information you have requested because exemptions under sections; s.17 (information not held); s. 27(1) (information intended for future publication) and s.38 (personal information) of FOISA applies to that information.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 63 page PDF
- 2.8 MB
- File type
- 79 page PDF
- 2.7 MB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House