In November 2015 The First Minister made a commitment to work towards gender balance on all public boards in Scotland.
Please could you supply me with the following information?
1. How many women are now on the board of your organisation and how many people of other genders are there?
2. Is the current Chairperson (or person with an equivalent role) a woman or someone of another gender?
3. What is the current median FTE pay for men and women in the organisation?
In addition, I would be grateful if you could provide me with the following information about board members.
4. Please supply the names of everyone currently on the board along with their registers of interest and the date that their register was last updated.
5. Please supply details of any payments made to any of the board members in the last 12 months, and a summary of the purpose of each payment.
As an Executive Agency, Education Scotland has an Advisory Board comprising both executive and non-executive members. There are currently 7 women and 7 men on our Advisory Board.
The current chair of our Advisory Board is a woman, Gayle Gorman, Chief Executive of Education Scotland.
The current median pay for men and women is as follows:
|Median for Men||£67,285|
|Median for Women||£61,006|
The names of all the non-executive members currently on our board, along with their register of interests and the date that their register was last updated, can be found at the following link as well as in the attached Annex A:
Boards and committees | Management | Who we are | Education Scotland
Please see Annex A attached for details of the payments made to non-executive board members in the last 12 months. Non-executive members are entitled to claim £288 per day for attendance at meetings and events in addition to qualifying travel expenses.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
FOI202100181961 - Annex A
- File type
- Excel document
- File size
- 14.6 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback