- 19 Apr 2021
Date received: 4 Mar 2021
Date responded: 24 Mar 2021
1. To ask how long the Scottish Ministers have permitted NHS Lothian to charge people to visit their sick relations, friends, and others in hospital RIE Edinburgh Bioquarter.
2. To ask who set the charges and have they ever increased.
3. To ask what percentage of the money goes back into Health care.
4. To ask if the Health Minister is ever notified to the cost of replacement tiles due to water damage in the RIE.
1. Officials have taken this question to mean in respect of the car parking charges and this has been in place since 1999.
2/3. While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested because we do not hold this information. You may wish to contact NHS Lothian who may be able to help you.
This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested.
4. Ministers would not normally be briefed on low value items of expenditure such as tiles being replaced.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House