Details of the areas of responsibility that come under Government Business and Constitutional Relations Policy.
Government Business and Constitutional Relations Policy and Co-ordination covers a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- elections policy and delivery of the 2021 Scottish Parliament election and an electronic votecounting system for the 2022 local elections.
- Covid-19 regulations, guidance and parliamentary reporting.
- support for Cabinet business.
- development and implementation of policy on constitutional matters.
- management of the Scottish Government’s legislative programme.
- co-ordination of relations between the Scottish Government, the UK Government and the other devolved administrations, the British-Irish Council and the Crown Dependencies.
- Freedom of Information policy, guidance, case-triage, support to directorates and appeal handling.
- relations between the Scottish Government and the Royal Households.
- supporting the Chief Social Researcher.
- policy advice and co-ordination on EU matters including engagement with other UK administrations and support for the First Minister’s Standing Council on Europe.
- planning, monitoring and reporting on the concurrent risks associated with EU Exit, Covid and winter preparedness.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback