- 4 Mar 2021
Date received: 19 Jan 2021
Date responded: 22 Feb 2021
1. how many council employees by local authority region have been furloughed each month since April 2020 and up to and including January 2021?
2. How much money (furlough) has been received by these local authorities from the UK Treasury either directly or via Holyrood to cover these furlough costs?
3. How many, if any, Scottish Goverment Employees have been furloughed each month since April 2020 and up to and including January 2021?
4. How much money (furlough) has been received from the UK Treasury to cover these furlough costs?
3. To date no staff on SG payrolls have been furloughed and therefore no cost has been incurred or received from UK treasury.
The Scottish Government does not have the information you have asked for questions 1, 2 and 4:
1 & 2. Councils are independent corporate bodies responsible for their workforces. Any enquirer would have to contact councils directly.
4. The Scottish Government does not hold information from our agencies who operate an independent HR/Payroll system. Specifically; Registers of Scotland, Scottish Prison Service, Scottish Courts and Tribunal Service and Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service. Any enquirer would have to contact those organisations directly.
This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House