1) For your organisations involvement in the rollout of the Covid-19 vaccine, please provide a list of the individuals and/or teams within the organisation responsible for the logistical or planning aspects of the rollout.
2) A list of any external organisations, companies or charities involved in the vaccine rollout and their roles?
3) Your organisation's plans for each step of the vaccination process, detailing the logistical elements from receipt of the vaccine to delivery. This should include the operational plans in place for your organisation or your organisation's responsibility within the rollout for the delivery of the vaccine, including storage, transit, (prospective or confirmed) location of vaccine centres, and disposal?
The answer to your questions are:
1. While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance we are unable to provide some of the information you have requested because an exemption under FOISA applies to that information. Under FOISA Section 38(1)(b) (personal information) we are unable to provide staff names below Senior Civil Service grades.
The Director of Population Health is Richard Foggo and the team primarily responsible for Covid Vaccination planning and policy within the Scottish Government is the COVID: Vaccinations Division who are working closely with the Flu Vaccine Covid Vaccine Programme led by NHS National Services Scotland.
2. While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance some of the information is not held by the Scottish Government because NHS Scotland Health Boards have their own local plans, delivery partners and contracts. I have provided the list of the Flu Vaccine and Covid Vaccine Programme (FVCV) Stakeholders.
- National Services Scotland Programme Board and FVCV Delivery Group Lead
- NHS Education Scotland FVCV Digital Lead + FVCV Programme Board /FVCV Delivery
- Group Members
- Public Health Scotland - FVCV Programme Board /FVCV Delivery Group Members
- Health and Social Care Partnership - FVCV Programme Board Member
- The Alliance - FVCV Programme Board Member
- Military Liaison - FVCV Programme Board Member
- British Medical Association - FVCV Programme Board Member
- COSLA - FVCV Programme Board Member
- The College of Podiatry - FVCV Delivery Group Observer
- Royal College of Nursing - FVCV Delivery Group Observer
- Unite the Union - FVCV Programme Board Observer
- KPMG - FVCV Delivery Group /FVCV Programme Board Observer
- Police Scotland - FVCV Programme Board Observer
3. The Scottish Government have published information about their Covid vaccination programme at the following link:
Coronavirus (COVID-19): update on vaccinations - gov.scot (www.gov.scot)
Note however we are unable to provide specifics on storage, transit, or logistics; including the location of vaccine centres, and disposal sites which are exempt under FOISA section 31(1), for the purpose of safeguarding national security.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback