- 16 Feb 2021
Date received: 19 Nov 2020
Date responded: 18 Dec 2020
A full list of every covid related contract awarded by the Scottish Government, every Scottish Government department, and every Scottish Government agency that has not gone through Procurement Scotland or any formal tender procurement process from January 1st 2020 to present date. To avoid doubt please include all contracts awarded by Procurement Scotland that were not subject to a formal tender process. For every contract awarded I request the value of the contract, the type and volume of the service/commodity delivered by the supplier (eg PPE, advertising, media, IT, transport etc.), and the name of the supplier.
I attach a copy of the information you requested. This takes the form of a list of contract awards that we could find and that matched your description. However, please bear in mind the following qualifications.
Excluded from the list are:
- contract awards where the subject-matter is unrelated to Covid, but where an operational decision may have been taken not to go through a tender process (for example, in order to free up staff to focus on Covid-related work)
- contract awards where a formal tender process was not required under the chosen procurement route (for example, where an existing framework agreement permits a direct award)
- extensions and variations made to existing contracts (including cases where the extension or variation may be Covid-related)
- expenditure unrelated to any contract award (such as expenditure incurred on an electronic purchasing card)
- contract awards not made by the Scottish Government (for example, contract awards made by agencies or other public bodies).
In addition to these exclusions, I must caveat that the information has been compiled from several different internal sources, supplemented by a “trawl” of those individuals who are most likely to have awarded such contracts. Given these limitations, it is possible that the information provided is incomplete.
Note that the stated contract values are exclusive of VAT and are typically the value recorded at the point of award - which may sometimes take the form of either an estimate or a ceiling value. Out-turn contract values are substituted where these are known.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House