- 29 Mar 2021
Date received: 12 Nov 2020
Date responded: 3 Mar 2021
On October 27th 2020 the First Minister announced in the Scottish Parliament that the Scottish Government was setting up an expert advisory group on reintroducing safe low-level music and background noise. Please can you tell me if the group has now been set up and who the members are?
I attach a copy of the information you requested.
Information on the outcome of the group's discussions is now available from Coronavirus (COVID-19): tourism and hospitality sector guidance - gov.scot (www.gov.scot).
The full membership details of the group are:
- Lindsay McIntyre, Director, KSG Acoustics
- Dani Fiumicelli, Vangaurdia Consulting
- Brian Lawrie, Society of Chief Officers of Environment Health in Scotland
- Alistair Somerville, Institute of Acoustics
- Jim Cathcart, UK Hospitality
- Paul Togneri, Scottish Beer & Pub Association
- Stephen McGowan, TLT Solicitors
- James Johnston – Scottish Government, Tourism and Hospitality Policy
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House