- 2 Jul 2021
Date received: 27 Oct 2020
Date responded: 1 Jul 2021
1. A copy of emails sent since March 2020 between officials in the Scottish Government Procurement Division discussing the readiness and/or ability of the Scottish Procurement framework to make home deliveries of office equipment/supplies to public sector workers.
2. A copy of any correspondence since March 2020 between Scottish Government Procurement Division officials and Scottish ministers discussing the readiness and/or ability of the Scottish Procurement framework to make home deliveries of office equipment/supplies to public sector workers.
3. A copy of any instructions issued since March 2020 from Scottish Government Procurement Division officials or Scottish ministers regarding the suspension or resumption of home delivery of office equipment/supplies to public sector workers through the Scottish Procurement framework.
1/2. The Scottish Procurement and Property Directorate (Scottish Procurement) has a number of frameworks in place for the supply of IT equipment. It is assumed that these are the framework referred to in your request. These frameworks were in place prior to the Covid-19 pandemic and include:
- Laptop and Desktop Computers – HP Inc
- Proprietary Devices (iPad, Microsoft Surface, Chromebook) – XMA Ltd
- IT Peripherals (keyboards, headsets etc.) – Computacenter Ltd
Scottish public sector organisations using these frameworks can directly engage with suppliers to discuss their specific order, build and delivery requirements.
The Scottish Government does not have the information you have asked for because the IT equipment frameworks were established with the flexibility to accommodate requests for bespoke requirements, including home delivery.
For this reason, there is no record of emails or correspondence between Scottish Procurement officials or ministers regarding the ability of IT equipment frameworks to accommodate home deliveries.
3. For the reason outlined above, there is no record of any instructions being issued regarding the suspension or resumption of home delivery of office equipment/supplies to public sector workers through the Scottish Procurement frameworks for IT equipment.
This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House