- 3 Nov 2020
Date received: 15 Oct 2020
Date responded: 27 Oct 2020
1. A copy of the request made on or around 31 October 2017 by David Clegg and/or the Daily Record in which information was sought on whether any complaints had been made about Alex Salmond during his tenure as First Minister.
2. Copies of all documents held by the Scottish Government in which that request was considered and actioned by civil servants and/or special advisers and/or Ministers, including the First Minister.
3. A copy of the Scottish Government's answer to the request in which it was stated that no Ministers had been the subject of an official complaint since the SNP came to power in 2007 and that there were no live investigations.
4. Where on the Scottish Government's Freedom of Information website that request and the Government's answer to it are to be found or alternatively explain why they have not hitherto been published.
While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested.
In reference to the particular requests you outline above:
1. We have searched our electronic records and document system, and the historical data from our FOI tracker, and there is no record of this request.
2&3. As we do not hold the information you have requested in 1. we do not hold any further information pertaining to it.
4. We do not publish responses to journalists' queries as a courtesy to journalists so they can maintain exclusivity for the stories they write. We publish responses to FOIs where we have released information. As we do not have a record of an FOI request in this instance, there was nothing for us to publish.
This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House