- 3 Sep 2020
Date received: 30 Jul 2020
Date responded: 11 Aug 2020
“I wish to submit a request for some of the organisation’s information around the internal plans and strategy documents around ICT.
The ICT documents I require is the most recent update.
I wish to obtain the following documents:
1. ICT/IM&T/IS Strategy- The IT department strategy or plans, highlights their current and future objectives.
2. ICT Org Chart- A visual document that presents the structure of the IT department, please include name and job titles. If this cannot be sent, please work towards a structure with job titles.
3. ICT Annual or Business Plan- Like the ICT strategy but is more annually focused.
4. ICT Capital Programme/budget- A document that shows financials budget on current and future projects.
If some of these documents are not valid, please state when the 2020 ICT documents are planned to be published.”
While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance Transport Scotland does not hold some of the information you have requested. Turning to your request in more detail, I ask you to note the following:
1. ICT/IM&T/IS Strategy: We do not have a current IT strategy document, one is in development but work is required before a document can be completed and published.
2. ICT Org Chart: we do not hold such a document. However, the ICT Team in Transport Scotland is three-strong and includes Stephen Kelly ICT Manager, Martin Healy ICT Support Manager and Change Manager roles. Alex Ramage holds the title - Head of Management Information Systems but is responsible for ICT Strategy as part of that role.
3. ICT Annual or Business Plan: whilst we do not hold a document with this specific title, we do work towards fulfilling an ICT Work Plan, and I have included the 2020/21 ICT Work Plan which was last updated at the end of July.
4. ICT Capital Programme/budget.capital budgets and programmes: we do not currently hold any ICT capital budget or have any such programmes in place
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House