1. The number of Scottish Government staff who were invited to the Nike conference in Edinburgh on the 26 and 27 February 2020.
2. The number of Scottish Government staff who attended the Nike conference in Edinburgh on the 26 and 27 February 2020.
3. Any correspondence (including emails and letters) to the First Minister Nicola Sturgeon or the Cabinet Secretary for Health and Sport, Jeane Freeman from members of the public concerning the Nike conference in Edinburgh on the 26 and 27 February 2020.
4. The number of Scottish Government bookings at the Hilton Carlton Hotel in Edinburgh on the 26 and 27 February 2020.
I enclose a copy of some of the information you requested regarding correspondence.
While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance the Scottish Government does not have some of the information you have requested. The reasons why we don’t have some the information are explained in the Annex below.
1, 2 & 4. Scottish Government staff were not invited to and did not attend the Nike conference on 26 and 27 February 2020. There were therefore no Scottish Government bookings at the Carlton Hotel in connection with this conference.
3. I enclose the information you asked for in the attached document. An exemption under section 38(1)(b) of FOISA (personal information) applies to some of the information requested because it is personal data of a third party, ie names/contact details of individuals, and disclosing it would contravene the data protection principles in Article 5(1) of the General Data Protection Regulation and in section 34(1) of the Data Protection Act 2018.
This exemption is not subject to the ‘public interest test’, so we are not required to consider if the public interest in disclosing the information outweighs the public interest in applying the exemption.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
- File type
- 3 page PDF
- File size
- 890.4 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback