I would like to request information relating to the Nike Confrence held in February 2020 at the Carlton Hotel in Edinburgh.
1. Could I request information on when the Scottish Government became aware of the outbreak?
2. Any communications between the Scottish Government and Nike PLC regarding the outbreak?
3. Legal advice the Scottish government based not releasing this information to the public at the time?
1. Scottish Government Ministers were informed of a positive test result on 3 March, from an individual in Scotland who attended this event, and it was reported in line with the standard reporting procedure established for COVID-19, at 2pm the following day.
In relation to your remaining two questions, while our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested. The reasons why we don’t have the information are explained in the Annex.
2.There was no direct communication between the Scottish Government and Nike PLC.
3. The Scottish Government does not have the information you asked for because the decision was based on established principles of patient confidentiality and therefore no specific legal advice was sought.
This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback