- 18 Jun 2020
Date received: 4 May 2020
Date responded: 11 Jun 2020
1) I would like to know the job description for the Chief Dental Officer.
2) What scientific/technical/dental committees or groups supply advice or guidance to the Chief Dental Officer?
I enclose a copy of documents which were available during the recruitment process of the current Chief Dental Officer.
The documents attached are:
- Job Advertisement which was published on local dental websites.
- Further information memo which gives a brief description of the role.
- Terms & Conditions of the post.
In answering your second question, the Chief Dental Officer communicates with many different scientific/technical/dental committees and groups which I have listed below.
- UK Chief Dental Officer Group
- National Dental Advisory Committee
- Scottish Dental Practice Board
- NHS Board Directors of Dentistry
- Board for Academic Dentistry
- SG/PSD Liaison Group
- Scottish Oral Health Research Group
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House