- 25 Mar 2020
Date received: 10 Mar 2020
Date responded: 18 Mar 2020
You asked for:
- How many complaints were received by the Accountant in Bankruptcy relating to Mr George Lafferty and how many were rejected?
- How many complaints were lodged with AiB about 180 Advisory Solution Ltd and how many were upheld?
- Out of the complaints made against Mr Lafferty and or 180 Advisory Solutions Ltd that were upheld what were the penalties sanctioned by AiB?
The answer to your question is:
1. From 1 April 2017 to date, the Accountant in Bankruptcy (AiB) has received an overall total of 269 complaints. Of these 269 complaints, 15 were in relation to Mr Lafferty, as trustee in bankruptcy and Protected Trust Deeds. These 15 complaints were made by 7 individuals.
All complaints were investigated.
2. In the same period, a total of 19 complaints have been received regarding 180 Advisory Solution Ltd from a total of 9 different individuals, 16 complaints were not upheld, 1 complaint was partially upheld and 2 complaints are awaiting outcome.
3. No sanctions or penalties were imposed.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House