- 8 Apr 2020
Date received: 9 Mar 2020
Date responded: 6 Apr 2020
- The number of vehicles owned, leased or otherwise controlled by your organisation in the 2017-18, 2018-19 and 2019-20 financial years .
- In relation to above, the make and model of each of these vehicles.
- In relation to above, the mileage of each of these vehicles in each of the 2017-18, 2018-19 and 2019-20 financial years.
- In relation to above, the fuel type of each of these vehicles.
- In relation to above, the purpose of owning, leasing, or otherwise controlling each of these vehicles in each of the 2017-18, 2018-19 and 2019-20 financial years.
As the information you have requested is ‘environmental information’ for the purposes of the Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004 (EIRs), we are required to deal with your request under those Regulations. We are applying the exemption at section 39(2) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA), so that we do not also have to deal with your request under FOISA.
This exemption is subject to the ‘public interest test’. Therefore, taking account of all the circumstances of this case, we have considered if the public interest in disclosing the information outweighs the public interest in applying the exemption. We have found that, on balance, the public interest lies in favour of upholding the exemption, because there is no public interest in dealing with the same request under two different regimes. This is essentially a technical point and has no material effect on the outcome of your request.
I enclose a copy of all of the information you requested.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House