Could you please provide me with the following under freedom of information legislation?
1) Details of email and text communications between the first minister, deputy first minister, Derek Mackay and government advisors on 05 February 2020 relating to a story in the Scottish Sun about Mr Mackay
2) Any communication on the same story involving the first minister’s head of communications
3) Any communication on the same story involving other advisors or relevant civil servants
4) Minutes of any meetings held on 05 February 2020 to discuss Mr Mackay’s position – including attendance list
5) Details of any phone calls on 05 February 2020 between the first minister and her advisors relating to this story
Please see Annex A for all information the Scottish Government holds within the scope of your request. While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance we are unable to provide the information you have requested in full because an exemption under section 38(1)(b) (Personal data relating to third party) of FOISA applies to that information. This exemption can be applied when disclosure of the information requested would contravene the data protection principles in Article 5(1) of the GDPR.
With regards to the first, third and fourth parts of your request, we do not hold any information. An unscheduled discussion took place between the First Minister and Derek Mackay, on the evening of the 5th of February. The meeting took place in Mr Mackay’s office, within the Ministerial tower of the Scottish Parliament. While our aim is to provide information whenever possible, in this instance the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested. This is a formal notice under section 17(1) of FOISA that the Scottish Government does not have the information you have requested.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
FOI/202000015331 - Annex A
- File type
- 2 page PDF
- File size
- 183.3 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback