- 30 Sep 2019
Date received: 3 Sep 2019
Date responded: 30 Sep 2019
- Details of all internal communication channels used by Scottish government ministers and special advisers
- Please provide the name of the platform and the time for which it has been in use
This includes, but is not limited to, services such as text messaging, email, Slack channels and Whatsapp chats
The internal Scottish Government communication channels I can confirm are used by Scottish Ministers and Special Advisers are:
- Analogue and digital telephone connections (fixed handsets on desks): availability linked to development of telephone technology
- Government email: available for over 20 years
- Video conferencing and teleconferencing: available in different formats for over 20 years
In addition Skype for Business has been available for use in Scottish Government since March 2016.
Regarding text messaging, Scottish Government issue mobile telephones to Special Advisers which include a text messaging facility; and Scottish Ministers have the option of being provided with a mobile telephone by Scottish Parliament or Scottish Government which includes a text messaging facility.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House