- 21 Jan 2020
Date received: 13 Jan 2020
Date responded: 20 Jan 2020
Can you please advise -
1. How much Social Security spent on Christmas trees/decorations in 2019
2. If the services of a professional "Santa Claus" or similar entertainment was procured using public funds
3. If public money was used to subside any staff Christmas parties (I.e. free bar, meals etc)
The answer to your questions are:
1. In 2019, across our three locations Social Security Scotland spent:
- £438.40 – Christmas trees
- £587.87 – Christmas decorations, which will be reused yearly.
2. The services of a professional “Santa Claus” or similar entertainment were not procured.
3. Public funds were not used to subsidise any staff Christmas parties.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House