You asked for us to provide the following information
1) In what year did the Scottish (SNP) Gov start working with LGBTQ Youth? (which we take to mean LGBT Youth Scotland).
2) What has been the yearly funding for LGBTQ Youth?
3) Was there a conflict of interest submitted from Alyn Smith when he was director of the LGBTQ.
1. This administration has provided financial support to LGBT Youth Scotland since it took office in 2007.
2. The Scottish Government funds LGBT Youth Scotland through the Equality Budget to address discrimination, engage with LGBTI young people and build the capacity of professional and public bodies. Information regarding the current funding round is available in the public domain and can be found in the following links:
3. A conflict of interest was not submitted from Alyn Smith. The selection of Directors or other Board members for any third sector organisation is independent of government, therefore there is no role for us as a funder of this organisation regarding the way in which the Board is constituted. We do consider issues around governance in relation to funded organisation, and we are satisfied with the way in which LGBT Youth Scotland are operating.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback