- 8 Aug 2019
Date received: 31 Jul 2019
Date responded: 7 Aug 2019
You asked for –
The following cross compliance data, relating to 2018:
1. The number of XC non-compliances in Scotland relating to SMR 6 (Livestock Identification and Traceability - Pigs) SMR 7 (Livestock Identification and Traceability - Cattle) and SMR 8 (Livestock Identification and Traceability - Sheep/goats)
2. For each XC non-compliance, the specific requirement breached and / or breach description, or - for SMR 7 - the discrepancy code (so I can see what specific part of the rules were broken)
3. If possible, the severity of each breach, the county involved, and the financial penalty incurred
The information you have requested is included in the separately attached spreadsheet.
Please note –
- For SMR 7 ‘Yes’ in a ‘Discrepancy Description’ column indicates that the farmer has breached that particular requirement.
- A number of farmers have multiple breaches of the same SMR. For SMR 6 and SMR 8 multiple braches are indicated by the same ‘Reference number’ appearing on multiple rows. For SMR 7 multiple breaches are indicated by ‘Yes’ in more than one of the ‘Discrepancy Description’ columns.
- If a business has more than one breach in the calendar year, in general terms, the highest percentage penalty is carried forward and applied to the business. Full explanation of how penalties are calculated can be found at https://www.ruralpayments.org/publicsite/futures/topics/inspections/all-inspections/cross-compliance/detailed-guidance/penalties-for-breaches-of-cross-compliance/
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses.
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrews House