- 10 Sep 2018
FOI reference: FOI/18/02251
Date received: 14 August 2018
Date responded: 28 September 2018
“How much was spent of taxpayers' money for this junket?
In particular cost breakdown of taxpayer funded costs in following areas:
- Cost of transport for Sturgeon and any others?
- Cost of any hospitality on the evening?
- Cost of any tickets etc?
- Costs associated with any civil servants etc in attendance.”
The First Minister was invited to take the Salute at the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo on 11th August 2018. The First Minister invited 18 existing and retired NHS staff to watch the Tattoo, as her guest and to attend a pre-show reception.
The answer to your question is as follows:
- Cost of transport - £300
- Cost of hospitality – £696
- Cost of tickets – Nil costs associated as the tickets are complimentary to the Salute Taker’s party.
Costs associated with civil servants in attendance – Nil costs associated for staff attending.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at https://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House