Date received: 22 August 2018
Date responded: 14 September 2018
1) The number of roles being recruited for
2) The number of total applicants
3) The number of applicants invited to Numerical Reasoning Test
4) The number of applicants invited to Verbal Reasoning Test
5) The number of applicants invited to Civil Service Judgement Test
6) The number of applicants invited to Assessment Centre (both Glasgow and Edinburgh)
7) The criteria used to rank/select applicants for immediate placement
8) The number of applicants offered immediate placements
9) The number of applicants who accepted the offer of immediate placement
10) The number of candidates placed on the reserve list
11) How many candidates on the reserve list you expect to offer positions to
12) The number of roles recruited for in the past 12 months that would have been offered to people on the reserve league
Total number of applicants
Number of candidates invited to sit numerical reasoning test
Number of applicants invited to sit verbal reasoning test
Numbers of applicants invited to sit Civil Service Judgement test
Number of Applicants invited to interview and assessment centres
As the process of issuing of conditional contracts is ongoing there is no final number of accepted offers available. To date we have had 144 accepted offers but this number is varying daily.
Candidates performance was assessed and scored at the interview and assessment centre. They were then ranked in merit order with those performing the strongest offered the immediate placements.
158 candidates have received an offer of immediate placement. To date contracts are still be issued with the offers. Of those issued to date, 9 candidates have declined the offers already issued.
During this campaign more than one reserve list has been established as a result of the strong performance of candidates. We want to ensure we are as fair as possible to candidates who have passed the assessment stages and maximise the return of the investment in this campaign. We have therefore established a 12 month reserve list with 1421 candidates who all passed the numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning and situational judgement tests. Should the need arise we will invite these candidates directly to undertake interview and assessment without having to undertake the earlier assessment stages again.
Following the interview and assessment centre a 12 month reserve list of 136 candidates was additionally created for those who passed. As before, if the need arises we would look to offer candidates on the reserve list a role without any further assessment.
As above the reserve lists have been created for posts arising in the next 12 months and as of yet there are too many variables to allow us to anticipate how many reserves we may be likely to offer roles. If and when posts arise we will be in touch with the candidates.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback