FOI reference: FOI/18/01808
Date received: 29 June 2018
Date responded: 26 July 2018
1. The total cost to date of the development of the Scottish Government's Education Bill;
2. Where possible, a breakdown of these costs; and
3. The total "man hours" spent on the Education Bill to date.
Our aim is to provide information whenever possible, however in this instance the Scottish Government does not have some of the information you have requested. All relevant information we hold is set out below:
1. The non-staff costs to date of the Education Bill is £39,239.81.
2. A breakdown of non-staff costs can be found in Annex A.
3. Policy development relating to the Education Bill was carried out by a number of Scottish Government staff as part of their normal duties and we have no record of time spent specifically on this aspect of the Bill development. An Education Bill Team of four people coordinated its development over the course of a year – the total salary cost of this team was in the region of £137,478. All 4 members of the team were recruited from within existing SG staff resources.
The Scottish Government is committed to publishing all information released in response to Freedom of Information requests. View all FOI responses at http://www.gov.scot/foi-responses
- File type
- 1 page PDF
- File size
- 193.7 kB
Please quote the FOI reference
Central Enquiry Unit
Phone: 0300 244 4000
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback